Especially after the pandemic, problems such as stress, nervousness, tension, and headaches increased. While we spend most of our time at home, certain business lines have continued their working lives online from home. In this process that we stayed at home, we all started to beautify the place we live in and turn to different interests. With the pandemic period, most people met with aromatherapy.
Although we hear its name often, aromatherapy is a very wide field, but we do not actually know all the benefits of essential oils used in aromatherapy. For example, when lavender oil is mentioned, a calming and fragrant oil comes to mind. So, is this the only feature of lavender oil? Of course not. In this article, we will talk about various oils used in aromatherapy and their many unknown properties.
What Do Essential Oils Do?
Essential oils are often used to treat ailments such as nervousness, stress, tension, anxiety, insomnia. Most essential oils have antiseptic properties. In other words, they prevent the healing of wounds and the infection of dry wounds. Now let’s take a look at essential oils and their properties other than just having a psychologically positive effect.
Most Used Essential Oils
Basil Oil Benefits
- It can be used as a massage oil. It prevents the formation of cellulite.
- It reduces cramping pain and relaxes the muscles.
- It prevents stress, headache, concentration disorder.
- Repairs broken hair.
Bergamot Oil Benefits
- It provides regeneration of cells.
- It lowers high blood pressure.
- It prevents infection.
- It acts as a natural deodorant.
- It prevents bad odors.
- It destroys microbes.
- Eczema and psoriasis preventative.
Eucalyptus Oil Benefits
- Soothes cough.
- Heals wounds.
- It relieves the feeling of fatigue.
Jasmine Oil Benefits
- Heals wounds, is a natural antiseptic.
- It has an aphrodisiac effect, reduces sexual reluctance.
- Relieves rheumatic pains.
- Strengthens and repairs hair roots.
- It is used as a massage oil.
Lavender Oil Benefits
Benefits of Fragrance
- It reduces stress and anxiety.
- Eliminates nervous tension.
- It relieves pain.
- It solves the problem of insomnia.
- It has the ability to treat respiratory problems.
- Keeps mosquitoes away.
- It prevents acne.
- It lightens the color of the skin and is effective against skin fatigue.
- Lavender oil massage is particularly suitable for relieving cramps and is also a natural antiseptic.
- Lavender oil nourishes the hair follicles and is effective against dandruff.
- It helps hair grow.
Ylang Ylang Oil Benefits
Benefits of Fragrance
- When inhaled, Ylang Ylang is known to have a positive effect on mood due to its ability to act on the olfactory system in the brain.
- It is a mild sedative and is excellent for calming the nervous system, promoting relaxation and fighting anxiety.
- It is refreshing and energizing.
- It produces the hormone of happiness.
- It reduces the loss of libido caused by workload, stress or depression.
- Ylang ylang oil has strong antibacterial properties and is used to treat minor wounds.
- It can also be used to treat fungal infections such as ringworm.
- Ylang Ylang essential oil helps in improving the appearance of the skin, clearing acne and treating various skin conditions.
- Ylang ylang oil is quite powerful in fighting the development of melanoma and skin cancer cells.
- It gives shine and vitality by moisturizing especially dry and sensitive scalp and hair strands.
- It is effective in balancing and purifying the scalp in dandruff hair.
- It strengthens the broken and non-growing hair and ensures healthy growth.
Rose Oil Benefits
- It is good for breath odor.
- It removes the signs of aging.
- It brightens and tightens the skin.
- Relieves redness and inflammation.